ADS Left header

Tiwa Savage emerges winner of MTV Best African Act Award


Picture of Tiwa Savage at the MTV awards

Nigerian afro-pop singer, Tiwa Savage has earned an award for best African act, at the the MTV awards which took place in

Bilbao Exhibition center, Bilbao, Spain.

In 2018, she was nominated alongside Davido, South Africa's distruction boyz, Shekinah and Fally Ipupa from DRC and she emerged winner. Tiwa Savage is the first woman who has won the award for Best African Act. 

Celebrating her victory, she took to her Instagram page to appreciate God and she also acknowledged the efforts of her team. She rounded up by dedicating the award to all African women.
Tiwa showing gratitude after the win at MTV award

She said " Almighty God you are so faithful. My Savage soldiers you did this for us.

"You've stuck with me through the roller coaster, Thank you to my amazing team this is just the beginning.

" African woman this is for us.
"I've been through a lot but I've kept my head up and weathered the storm because I know some little girl somewhere is dreaming like I did". Tiwa said.